Wednesday 15 January 2014

Salad Days!

Today is about dinner again....
I have made this delicious salad a couple of times now and it really hits the spot..a new favorite!

I finely slice cabbage, fennel and red onion, grate some carrot (large grate) mix it all together, quantities are basically how you feel and what you have on hand. Next I stir through some organic whole grain mustard and I good handful of herbs from the garden, today I used  watercress, basil, parsley and mint. stir again. I then top with some fish (whatever you have on hand ) and done!! 
It is great to vary this with hemp seeds, sunflower seeds and or pumpkins seeds or even some chopped nuts such as walnuts (if not having  fish I like to add nuts and seeds).

With cooler weather this evening I cooked some baby potatoes in native lemon seasoning, whole grain mustard and a dash of maple syrup a few with my salad and the rest will be a salad of their own tomorrow.
I try and use organic produce and seasonings where ever possible.



No comments:

Post a Comment